1. Collecting personal information
In order to provide our customers with our products and services, we may collect and use personal information about you and others. If we are not provided with all the personal information we request, we may not be able to supply our products and services.
We do not collect any personal information from individuals who use the Services unless you subscribe to our newsletter or submit an enquiry through our Support page. If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will collect your email address when you subscribe. If you submit an enquiry through our Support page, we will collect your name and email address and, if you choose to provide any other personal information in that enquiry, we will also collect that personal information.
2. Use of personal information
We use the personal information you provide to:
· revise and enhance our service;
· fulfil your requests and respond to your queries and complaints;
· contact you about changes to our services;
· send news, information about our activities and general promotional material which we believe may be useful to you;
· monitor who is accessing our website or using our services;
· seek your opinion or comments about our products and services;
· carry out our management, administrative quality assurance and complaint handling activities in a professional and efficient manner;
· develop and implement initiatives to improve our products and services; and
· report to our stakeholders and other interested parties as to Freeview performance.
As noted above, we may use personal information to advise the individual concerned of new products and marketing initiatives that we think may be of interest to them. This may include product and service offerings, newsletters and general information about us. Those who prefer not to receive information about our products and services can either:
· ask to be removed from the relevant circulation list by contacting us, using the contact details listed below; or
· follow the unsubscribe link in any relevant electronic communication.
We never disclose personal information to a third party for the purpose of allowing them to direct market their products or service on an individual, unless individuals have expressly consented to that disclosure.
If you use our Freeview service, we may also collect your IP address and postcode, although this information is collected on an anonymous basis – which means we do not match that information with personal information we may hold about you and we are not able to identify you from your IP address and postcode.
3. Disclosure of personal information
We will not use or disclose personal information unless:
· the individual concerned has consented to the use and disclosure;
· the third party is our service provider or contractor, in which case we will require them to use and disclose the personal information only for the purpose for which it was provided to them;
· the third party is a person involved in a dealing or proposed dealing (including a sale) of all or part of our assets and business;
· the disclosure is to a related body corporate; or
· the disclosure is permitted, required or authorised by or under law.
We will not disclose your personal information to overseas recipients.
4. Accuracy of personal information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information held by us is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. If you believe that any of your personal information that we hold is not accurate or up-to-date, please contact us (see below) and we will take all reasonable steps to correct it within a reasonable time.
5. Storage, security and destruction of personal information
We will use all reasonable endeavours to hold your personal information in a secure digital environment. Our security measures are designed to ensure your personal information is not subject to unauthorised access, loss or misuse. However, this security cannot be guaranteed.
Any personal information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Access to personal information is limited to those of our personnel who specifically need it to carry out their business responsibilities. We also maintain physical security procedures to manage and protect the use and storage of records containing personal information.
If we no longer need your personal information, unless we are required under Australian law or by a court or tribunal order to retain it, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify that personal information.
6. Third party website
7. Other types of information collected
We may also allow third parties to set and access their cookies while you are using our website. The way third parties use their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies.
If you submit an enquiry through our Support page, we may collect your web browser version details on an anonymous basis. If you use our Services, we may also collect the IP address of your device, your location data and your postcode, which is also collected on an anonymous basis. This means we do not match any of this information with any other personal information about you and we are not able to identify you personally from this information. This information is therefore not your personal information.
If at any time you want to know what personal information we hold about you, you are welcome to request access to that information by contacting us, using the details listed below. However, where:
· the access impacts on the privacy of others;
· the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
· there are existing or anticipated legal proceedings; or
· such access can be denied under law or by a law enforcement agency,
we may deny your request for access.
If we deny your request for access, we will let you know why. We may also charge a fee to cover the reasonable costs we incur in processing your request.
9. Quality & correction
At all times we strive to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If at any time you believe the personal information that we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, you should let us know. We will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
11. Questions or complaints
We will respond to all questions and complaints promptly. If you have a complaint about how we have dealt with your personal information and you do not consider that we have adequately responded to that complaint you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (website: https://www.oaic.gov.au/).
Version dated: May 2022